We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team of professionals. The qualified candidate will be active in ensuring our vendors meet quality standards and work closely with sales and engineering to clarify and communicate specifications. We are seeking someone familiar with Quality and Inspection Procedures, who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Reports To: General Manager
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Work within ISO9001: maintain Quality System
- Corrective /Preventative Action System, including customer contact and vender/supplier contact.
- Assist with Root Cause Analysis
- Managing and conducting internal audits
- Material certification and GBSA Certification filing
- Inspection data sheet filing
- Caliper and micrometer verification and record keeping; organization of equipment.
- Interpreting customer specific sampling plans
- Identifying potential drawing errors
- Partial PPAP preparation
- First article preparation
- Approval of samples and record of new products
- Maintenance and organization of job files folders
- Send request for quotes to suppliers
- Tracking and maintaining of manuals
- Expediting and tracking of new product or critical orders
- Minimum 3 years of experience using math skills including calculating percentage; converting fractions to decimals; using a calculator to solve formulas.
- Previous communications experience, verbal and written.
- Minimum high school diploma; additional education as necessary to achieve experience level required.
Specialized Skills, Training or Abilities:
- Use of measuring and testing equipment including: Calipers, micrometers, pin gages, height gage, Pi-tape, optical comparator
- Use of Excel sheet to calculate GD &T
- Use of GBSA sampling plan table
- Familiarity with Quality Standards and practices
- Understanding of mathematical concepts including: Understand and calculate percentages; Use a calculator to solve basic formulas; Understand and convert fractions to decimals and back; Metrics
- Good verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task as required
- Effective oral and written communication, administrative, organizational, and technical skills.
- The ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with staff, colleagues and outside service firms.
- Ability to work sitting at work station; ability to work standing in production area.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to read and use measuring equipment.
- Ability to use computer.
We offer stability and growth potential for a team player looking to join a great group of people in a busy environment. We offer 401k Plan, Profit Share Plan, holiday and vacation pay, health benefits, and life insurance.
Qualified applicants please email resumes to: email@example.com or send: GBSA Inc., Attn: Human Resources, 112 Parker Court, Chardon, OH 44024-1112.
GBSA supplies quality seals, rings, and machined components for thousands of applications in industries including Agriculture, Appliances, Food, Material Handling, and Medical.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.